Village by the Arboretum
The Village by the Arboretum (VBA) is a 55+ active adult community just south of the University of Guelph occupying 112 acres. It’s a unique concept: buyers of homes in this area do not own the land it sits on- this is land leased to Reid’s Heritage Homes from the University of Guelph. Presently there are about 1250 Residents who call the VBA home.
According to the VBA website:
- 497 single-family homes and town homes
- 81 mid-rise luxury condominium units in two buildings
- 211 apartments and full service retirement suites in the Village of Arbour Trails
- 93 luxury mid-rise apartment rental suites in the Village of Arbour Trails (Ailsa Craig Neighbourhood)
- 6 Rental townhomes in the Village of Arbour Trails
- On site medical centre with doctors, a pharmacy, and medical testing services
- The Village Centre with a fitness facility, gymnasium, pool, putting green, tennis courts and more
Located adjacent to the University’s 500-acre Arboretum and between the neighbourhoods of Old University and Kortright East, the VBA offers an active adult lifestyle within the Guelph city limits and near the cultural offerings of a large university and a vibrant urban community. There is a large Recreation Centre with an indoor pool, auditorium and many activity rooms. Outdoors and within the VBA grounds are tennis courts, shuffleboard, bocce and horseshoe tossing facilities.
This community rarely has homes for sale and when they do come up, they go quick!